Nisan 01, 2020

The 1975 - 102



(performed by Matt Healy)

Well we're here
We're at the common again
Smoked six of the ten fags that
I only bought an hour ago

Said well I
I like the look of your shoes
I like the way that your face looks when
I'm arguing with you

And so when, when we all grow old
I hope this song will remind you that
I'm not half as bad as what
You've been told

When I knock
At a hundred and two
And I see your pajamas
I can't stop smiling at you

And that's why we're here
We're at the common again
I've been pouring my heart out
Towards your optimistic grin

Said well I
I like the cut of your jib
I like the way that your face looks
When you're yapping on about him

But on this shirt
I found your smell
And I just sat there for ages
Contemplating what to do with myself

I called you up
At a hundred and two
We just sat there for ages
Talking about that boy
What was getting onto you
You.



Writer(s): Matthew Healy, Ross Macdonald, Adam Hann, George Daniel



Matthew Healy told BBC 1 Radio that this song is about the times he had with a girl, "I loved her but she didn't feel the same way. I don't even think she knew I loved her.
As she and I became close friends, we had traditions.
We'd somehow always coincidentally be out at exactly 1:02 AM, so that was our thing.
Now whenever I'm awake at 1:02 AM, I think of her and I let her go."
This track first surfaced in 2013, when fans saw an acoustic performance by Matt Healy on YouTube.
Then another video showed him playing the song with Adam Hann in 2015.
The supposedly studio version leaked on-line in 2016.
An official recorded version of the acoustic performance of this song was published by the band in November 2018 before the release of the album.



album: "A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships" (2018)

The 1975
Give Yourself A Try
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
How To Draw / Petrichor
Love It If We Made It
Be My Mistake
Sincerity Is Scary
I Like America & America Likes Me
The Man Who Married A Robot / Love Theme
Inside Your Mind
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
Surrounded By Heads And Bodies
Mine
I Couldn't Be More In Love
I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
102

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder