Nisan 01, 2020

The 1975 - Be My Mistake



Be my mistake and turn out the light
She bought me those jeans, the ones you like
I don't wanna hug, I just wanna sleep
The smell of your hair reminds me of her feet

So don't wait outside my hotel room
Just wait till I give you a sign
'Cause I get lonesome sometimes

Save all the jokes you're gonna make
While I see how much drink I can take
Then be my mistake

I shouldn't have called 'cause we shouldn't speak
You do make me hard but she makes me weak

And don't wait outside my hotel room
Just wait till I give you a sign
'Cause I get lonesome sometimes

Save all the jokes you're gonna make
While I see how much drink I can take
Then be my mistake.



Writer(s): Adam Hann, Ross Macdonald, Matthew Healy, George Daniel



Matthew Healy explained to Pitchfork, "'Be My Mistake' is just about guilt. It's about when you are a young person and you struggle sometimes to figure out what you really want.
And sometimes, like a lot of things, it requires you to make a mistake before you actually understand what you have."
Nick Drake, according to Matt Healy, was an influence on this song's acoustic feel. He said about it, "I love Nick Drake and shit like that, but I'm not into your modern singer-songwriter dude.
So I always stylistically stay away from it, but then I realized that's where a lot of the truth is, if you do it right."



album: "A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships" (2018)

The 1975
Give Yourself A Try
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
How To Draw / Petrichor
Love It If We Made It
Be My Mistake
Sincerity Is Scary
I Like America & America Likes Me
The Man Who Married A Robot / Love Theme
Inside Your Mind
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
Surrounded By Heads And Bodies
Mine
I Couldn't Be More In Love
I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
102

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder